Cost per recipe $5.51 view details
- 2/3 c. uncooked wild rice
- 1/3 c. uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 c. minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 x (2-oz) can sliced ripe olives, liquid removed
- Â Â Red leaf lettuce
- 1 sm avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 med tomato,
- Â Â sliced Sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice (2 medium limes)
- 1 x clove garlic, chopped
- 1 x to 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (see note) WEAR GLOVES
- 1 tsp chili pwdr
- 1/4 tsp grnd cumin
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Rinse wild rice thoroughly. Place in a saucepan with 1 1/2 c. boiling water.
- Bring back to a boil, cover and simmer 35 to 45 min, till rice is tender and water is absorbed. Set cooked wild rice aside.
- Bring 1 c. water to a boil. Add in 1/3 c. uncooked long-grain rice. Bring back to boil, cover and simmer 20 min or possibly till rice is tender. Set cooked long-grain rice aside.
- Meanwhile, make Fiesta Dressing. Whisk oil, lime juice, garlic, peppers, chili pwdr, cumin and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine hot wild and long-grain rice with 2 Tbsp. dressing and green onions; cold. Add in bell pepper, cilantro and olives; toss to mix well.
- Line serving dish with lettuce; mound rice mix in center. Arrange avocado and tomato slices, alternating around rice mix. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Pass remaining dressing to serve.
- Note: Wear gloves when handling fresh, canned, dry or possibly pickled chilies; the oils can cause a burning sensation on your skin.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 732g|
|Calories from Fat 1278||65%|
|Total Fat 143.43g||179%|
|Saturated Fat 19.97g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 157.37g||42%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.5g||65%|