Cost per serving $3.99 view details
- 15 x Dry chilies, seeded, soaked in warm water till soft and then liquid removed
- 5 x Candlenuts
- 2 piece galangal, (thumb-size)
- 3 stalk lemongrass
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 5 x Cloves garlic, peeled
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Shrimp paste
- 4 x Shallots, peeled
- 1/4 c. Coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd white pepper For the chicken
- 28 ounce Coconut lowfat milk, (two cans)
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil
- 1 x Chicken, (3.5-to-4-lb.), cut into serving pcs, (eight)
- 10 ounce Cooked bamboo shoots
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1. For the spice mix, combine the chilies, candlenuts, galangal, lemongrass, turmeric, garlic, shrimp paste and shallots in a food processer and process till smooth. Crush the coriander seeds till very fine and strain through a fine-mesh sieve to insure which you have a pwdr. Combine the coriander, white pepper and the spice mix.
- 2. For the chicken, chill the unopened cans of coconut lowfat milk. When cool, open the cans and spoon the thick cream off the top. Reserve both the cream and the thinner lowfat milk underneath.
- 3. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add in the spice mix and fry, stirring, till fragrant, 4 to 5 min. Add in the chicken, bamboo shoots and 2 c. of the thin coconut lowfat milk, and simmer till the chicken is cooked through, about 40 min. Leaving the sauce in the wok, transfer the chicken to a platter, cover and place in a hot oven. Add in 1/2 c. of the reserved coconut cream, the soy sauce, salt and sugar to the wok, and simmer for 10 min. Pour over the chicken and serve with rice.
- Yield: 4servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 591g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 840||67%|
|Total Fat 95.95g||120%|
|Saturated Fat 45.08g||180%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 37.42g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g||48%|