Cost per recipe $20.96 view details
- 1 c. teriyaki sauce
- 4 x garlic cloves chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 24 med uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1Â 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1Â 1/4 lb beef skirt steak cut into 3x1/2-inch strips, or possibly filet mignon, cut into 3 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 36 x bamboo skewers soaked in water 30 min (about)
- Â Â Banana leaves or possibly ornamental kale
- Â Â Lime slices
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter (don't use old-fashioned style or possibly freshly grnd)
- 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2-oz)
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp dry crushed red pepper
- Â Â Lime peel julienne
- Â Â Hibiscus or possibly gardenia flowers (optional)
- For sate: Combine first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish, Stir till sugar dissolves. Add in shrimp, chicken and beef; stir to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate30 min to 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp, chicken and beef from marinade. Thread on separate skewers, using about 3 shrimp per skewer and 2 beef or possibly chicken pcs per skewer. Place on platter. (Can be prepared 2 hrs ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or possibly preheat broiler. Grill skewered meats till cooked through, about 3 min per side. Line large platter with banana leaves. Place sauce in bowl in center of platter. Surround with skewers. Garnish with lime and flowers, if you like, and serve.
- For peanut sauce:Place peanut butter in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually fold in chicken broth. Add in all other ingredients except lime peel. Stir over medium heat till smooth and thick, about 6 min. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Before serving, stir over medium heat till warm, thinning with water if necessary.) Pour sauce into bowl and garnish with lime peel.
- Makes about 3 c..
- Serves 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2447g|
|Calories from Fat 1760||44%|
|Total Fat 204.39g||255%|
|Saturated Fat 53.03g||212%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 219.93g||59%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.8g||73%|