Cost per serving $3.85 view details
- 4 med -size red potatoes
- 4 x Carrots
- 1 x Green bell pepper
- 4 x Very small onions -or possibly-
- 1 lrg Onion, quartered
- 2 x Ribs celery
- 1 slc Bacon
- 12 x Mushrooms
- 1 c. Canned tomatoes, with juice
- 1 x 2.5-lb broiler-fryer -or possibly-
- 2Â 1/2 lb Choice chicken pcs (legs,
- 2Â 1/2 lb Chicken breasts (if white meat is definitely preferred)
- 1 Tbsp. Salt, or possibly to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, or possibly more, to taste
- 2 x Bay leaves
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pare potatoes; cut in half. Pare carrots; cut into 2-inch lengths or possibly quarter them, then cut the lengths in half. Cut pepper in strips. Peel onion(s); quarter if large. Cut celery in 1/2 to 1-inch chunks.
- Lay bacon strip in bottom of a 3-qt casserole. Cover with chicken pcs. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and half the rosemary.
- Top with potatoes, carrots, green pepper, onion, celery and mushrooms.
- Pour tomatoes over all (cut up tomatoes if whole).
- Push bay leaves down among the vegetables. Sprinkle surface with remaining rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Yields 4-6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 481g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 224||46%|
|Total Fat 24.83g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7.26g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.27g|
|Total Carbs 14.65g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|