Cost per recipe $5.34 view details
- 12 ounce. chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 1/2 lg. limes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic in oil
- Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 med.-lg. ripe avocado
- 1 to 2 Serrano chiles, depending on degree of hotness desired
- 3 ounce. whole red onion or possibly 1 c. sliced (ready cut)
- 8 ounce. whole red bell pepper or possibly 7 ounce. sliced (ready cut) (1 1/2 c.)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 or possibly 6 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- Heat oven or possibly toaster oven to 350 degrees. Wash and dry chicken breasts and sprinkle on both sides with juice of 1/2 lime, garlic and black pepper.
- Pit, peel and coarsely mash avocado into serving bowl. Sprinkle juice of 1 lime over avocado. Stem, seed and mince chiles in food processor. Coarsely chop onion in food processor; drain. Add in to avocado.
- Coarsely chop red pepper in food processor and add in to avocado. Wash, dry and chop cilantro by hand; add in to avocado. Cut chicken breasts in half and brown in warm oil in skillet on both sides, 10 to 15 min in total. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and steam for 10 min in oven (see note).
- When chicken is ready, cut into strips. Spread avocado mix generously over one side of tortilla and top with strips of chicken. Roll up tortilla. Repeat process for the other tortillas and serve. Serves 2.
- Note: Another method for warming tortillas is to heat a heavy, ungreased skillet or possibly griddle, and heat the tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds on each side. The better quality tortillas will puff slightly. This method gives tortillas a more toasted taste then the oven-steaming method, but it takes a bit longer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 601g|
|Calories from Fat 271||46%|
|Total Fat 30.58g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.54g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 26.54g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|