Shredded Chicken in seasoning, served hot in a corn tortilla, with Feta cheese crumbles, and for extra bite, added onions soaked in balsalmic vinegar!<br>
Of course there are more ingredients than that, but that is the main jist of it, with the tartness of the Feta and the brightness of those onions!!! It is healthy, CHEAP, and most importantly, IT TASTES GOOD! <br>
I mean, that IS why we like to cook!! We want the smell to fill our senses, the taste to melt into our tongues, the food to look pretty and sumptous! And it doesn't hurt if the cost is low either! <br>
This one is simple to do, and pretty quick too, so enjoy and vary it, and make it your own! Chicken rules when it comes to Taco's!
- 4 large bonless skinless breast of chicken.
- 1 Heart of Romain Lettuce, shredded.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium Tomatos, sliced wedges
- 1 avacado, sliced wedges
- 6 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 6 oz of sour cream
- 1 jar of Salsa Verdi
- 16 corn Tortilla's
- 2 tbl sp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tbl sp powdered chicken boullion (reserve two for frying)
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
- enough water to cover the chicken to boil.
- Place 4 chicken breasts into a deep enough pan so you can boil the chicken.
- Add water enough to cover the chicken.
- To this water, add 2 tbl sp of the chicken boulion.
- Allow to boil till chicken is done with NO Pink but white all the way through.
- While this is boiling, prepare the fixings as we call them.
- Shred the lettuce by slicing accross the heart of the Romain.
- Slice the avacado and tomatoe.
- Dice the onion and place in a bowl and cover it in basalmic vinegar.
- Use a fork to fluff up the Feta cheese.
- Stir the sour cream to get it more workable.
- Pour some of the salsa verdi into a nice serving bowl. (you can make your own with green tomatillo's, a little lemon juice and finely minced jalepeno's)
- Now take the chicken out of the boiling water, and place in a frying pan.
- With a fork, shred the chicken.
- Ladel some of the broth from the boiling water into the frying pan.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, chili powder, the remaining 2 tbl sp of powdered chicken boullion, the black pepper, the paprika and stir all together.
- If you have red salsa, you can add some, very lightly, to give it a kick while it cooks.
- Don't boil but simmer with a lid over the mix till the liquid is reduced but not gone.
- Prepare the tortillas while the chicken reduces.
- I like to fry our tortillas in light cooking oil, but everyone likes to prepare their tortillas their way. So as long as the tortilla holds up to weight inside of it, use whatever means to prepare the shell.
- Once all the shells are done, bring the mix of chicken and the shells to the table and let everyone prepare their own meal!
- You might want to have some jalepeno's on hand for those Bam kinda guys in your life! For me, the taste is better without them!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 159||67%|
|Total Fat 18.08g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 11.37g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.01g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|