Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 x egg yolk
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter chilled and cut into 1/4 inch bits
- 1 1/4 lb cream cheese -- softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh lemon peels
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 x Large eggs -- plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- To make the crust, place the flour, sugar, grated lemon rind, vanilla extract, egg yolk and butter in a large mixing bowl. With your fingertips, rub the ingredients together till they are well mixed and can be gathered into a ball.
- Dust with flour, wrap in waxed paper, and chill for at least one hour.
- Place the chilled dough in an ungreased 9 inch springform pan. With your hands, pat and spread the dough proportionately over the bottom and about 2 inches up the side of the pan. Bake in the center of a preheated 450 oven for 10 min.
- Remove and set aside to cold.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200. To make the filling, place the cream cheesein a large mixing bowl and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon till it is creamy and smooth. Beat in the sugar, a few Tbsp. at a time, and, when itis well incorporated, beat in the flour, lemon and orange rinds, vanilla, Large eggs and yolk and heavy cream. Pour the filling into the cooled cookie crust and bake in the center of the oven for 1 hour. Them remove from the oven and set aside to cold in the pan. Chill the cheesecake for at least 3 hrs before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 230||63%|
|Total Fat 26.11g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 14.95g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.59g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|