Cost per recipe $9.12 view details
- 1 lrg Mild onion, minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Dry marjoram, crumbled
- 2 x Carrots, peeled and minced
- 2 x Red peppers, stemmed, seeded, peeled and minced
- 2 x Sundried tomatoes, minced (use (2 to 3) scissors)
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1Â 1/4 pt Stock, (700ml)
- 4 fl ounce (100ml) dry vermouth
- 1 x Cauliflower, trimmed and seperated into florets
- 1 box , (1/2 pint/300ml) passata
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1Â 1/2 ounce Ricotta cheese, (40g)
- 1 kg Baking potatoes, (2 lb)
- 1 bn Spring onions, (about 9)
- 300 ml Stock, (1/2 pint)
- 1 x 150 gram car medium-fat goats' cheese, (5z)
- 4 Tbsp. No-fat fromage frais
- 3 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- 6 Tbsp. Skimmed lowfat milk, about
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- First for the gratin: Peel and quarter the potatoes and steam over boiling water till very tender, about 20 min. Drain very well and mash. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 200 C/400 F.
- While the potatoes are steaming, trim and slice the onions, crush the garlic, and saute/fry them in the stock till they are very tender and the liquid is gone.
- Combine the goats' cheese, fromage frais and Parmesan in the food processor or possibly blender and process till very smooth.
- Beat the onions, cheese mix and salt and pepper into the potatoes.
- Spread in a 30 x 20 x 5cm (12 x 8 x 2 inch) gratin dish and drizzle proportionately with half the lowfat milk. Bake uncovered for 15 min, then turn on the grill, drizzle with the remaining lowfat milk, and grill for 2 min or possibly so, till speckled with brown.
- For the cauliflower paprikash:Combine the onion, garlic, marjoram, carrots, peppers, sun-dry tomatoes, paprika, 1 pint of stock
- (570ml) and vermouth in a flameproof casserole dish. Cover and boil for 5-7 min. Uncover and simmer till the vegetables and paprika are gently frying in their own juices.
- Sitr in the cauliflower, passata, remaining 1/4 pint (150ml) stock and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, partially covered, for 20-30 min, stirring occasionally, till the cauliflower is very tender.
- Put the ricotta in a blender or possibly processor with a few spoonfuls of the sauce and pureee. Stir this creamy puree back into the casserole, and bring back up to simmer. Adjust the seasoning.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2346g|
|Calories from Fat 137||13%|
|Total Fat 15.57g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 7.79g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 183.82g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 31.3g||104%|