These cookies are from Mexico, and they are a recipe from my aunt. They are small marbled sized pecan cookies covered in powdered sugar that just melt in your mouth! They are fairly easy to make, and are a good way for the younger ones to get involved. Great as a gift too!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- powdered sugar to garnish
- In a large bowl, incorporate the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Slowly add the butter, which should be at room temperature. Use your hands to mix in the butter. The consistency that is needed is similar to that of a pie crust.
- Once the butter is fully incorporated in the dry ingredients, mix in the finely chopped pecans and stir with your hand.
- Now make large marble sized cookies with the palm of your hands and place them on a greased pan and bake them at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, sprinkle them with sifted powdered sugar.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 644g|
|Calories from Fat 2335||66%|
|Total Fat 269.72g||337%|
|Saturated Fat 124.15g||497%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 256.92g||69%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.8g||59%|