Cost per recipe $4.47 view details
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. diced yellow onion plus
- 2 Tbsp. diced yellow onion
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. chicken stock
- 3/4 c. whipping cream
- 1/4 c. freshly-grated Parmesan plus
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon pwdr
- Â Â (or possibly crumbled bouillon cubes)
- 3/4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream plus
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1Â 1/4 c. liquid removed thawed frzn spinach coarsely minced
- Â Â (half of a 16-ounce box)
- 2/3 c. sliced (1/8") canned artichoke bottoms liquid removed
- 1/2 c. finely-shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp warm pepper sauce
- Hot the extra virgin olive oil and butter together in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When the butter melts, add in the onion and cook till it is softened, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 min. Stir in the garlic and cook 2 to 3 min longer, stirring frequently and stopping before the garlic and onion turn brown.
- Sprinkle in the flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously, till the mix turns golden brown, about 10 to 15 min. Then, whisking continuously, slowly pour in the stock till it is smoothly incorporated. When the mix begins to simmer, stir in the cream. Let it return to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add in the Parmesan, chicken bouillon, lemon juice and sugar. Stir till completely blended. Add in the lowfat sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Jack cheese and warm pepper sauce and stir till all ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted. Serve with raw vegetables or possibly tortilla chips.
- This recipe yields 3 c..
- Yield: 3 c.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 633g|
|Calories from Fat 1195||81%|
|Total Fat 135.65g||170%|
|Saturated Fat 57.62g||230%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.77g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|