Cost per serving $4.14 view details
- 2 lb Lamb, beef or possibly goat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. Distilled white vinegar
- 1Â 1/4 tsp Salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whl dry warm red chiles
- 5 x Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 lrg Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1 x Two-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 x Bay leaves
- 4 tsp Tomato paste
- 2 med Potatoes
- 1/2 lrg Red bell pepper
- 8 whl stuffed green olives
- Put the cubed meat into a bowl and add in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside for 30 to 40 min. Drain the meat, saving the liquid, and pat it dry.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. When it is warm, add in the chiles. Stir for a few seconds or possibly till they swell and darken.
- Remove chiles with a slotted spoon and set aside. Put as many cubes of meat into the pan as will fit without crowding.
- Brown the meat on all sides and repeat till all of the meat is browned.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Put the onion and garlic into the pan and cook for 2 min, scraping up any pan juices. Put in the black peppercorns, cinnamon and bay leaves. Stir and cook another minute. Return the meat to the pan with its accumulated juices, the chiles, the reserved marinade and the tomato paste. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add in 2 c. water and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 1/2-inch cubes. When the meat has cooked for 15 min, add in the potatoes. Cover and continue to cook for 45-60 min or possibly till the meat is tender. Seed the bell pepper and cut it into 1/4-inch wide strips. When the meat is tender, put the peppers and olives into the stew. Stir and cook another 3-5 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 378g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 466||68%|
|Total Fat 52.01g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 16.64g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.11g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|