Cant seem to find anyone who does not care for these little baked jam filled pieces of heaven! ;)
Hard Work, But SOOOOO Worth It!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
Cost per recipe $2.52 view details
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Butter - Softened (NOT MELTED)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Raspberry, Apricot, Orange, Blackberry.... Or Whatever Preserves or Jelly you prefer. Mix and Match! I LOVE The Raspberry!
- Powdered Sugar for Sprinkling!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In Large Mixing Bowl Combine - Flour, Sugar, Butter, Egg, Baking Soda, Salt, Milk, and Vanilla.
- Mix @ Low Speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. About 3-4 Minutes.
- Roll out 1/2 of the dough at a time on a well floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut out with 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place 1/2 of the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make a small "X" or a "cut-out" with a very small cookie cutter in the top of each remaining cookie.
- Place Level Teaspoonfuls of assorted preserves in the center of the bottom part of the cookie on the cookie sheets.
- Place the top on each cookie and press the edges all of the way around each cookie with a fork to seal.
- Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
- Bake for 11 - 13 Minutes, or until the edges are very lightly browned.
- Place on Cooling Rack Immediately.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar again when cooled.
- Makes About 2 Dozen! So Double Up..... Atleast! :)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 646g|
|Calories from Fat 1153||43%|
|Total Fat 131.17g||164%|
|Saturated Fat 80.16g||321%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 340.98g||91%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||29%|