Cost per recipe $3.14 view details
- 1Â 3/4 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. shortening or possibly butter
- 5 c. white bread flour
- 3 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. lowfat milk pwdr
- 1Â 1/2 c. golden brown raisins
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, except raisins, and mix with paddle till incorporated. Add in raisins and mix for one minute more. Mix is very soft. Place mix on well-floured surface and form into 2 equal round dough balls. Place on either parchment paper or possibly lightly greased sheet pan.
- Press top of dough down slightly and score or possibly cut a cross on top of dough 1/2 to 3/4 inches into dough. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 min. Let cold and serve.
- Comments: Busch Gardens uses this bread as a bowl for their Annie Grogan's Irish Stew (see recipe).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1568g|
|Calories from Fat 1050||24%|
|Total Fat 119.47g||149%|
|Saturated Fat 28.68g||115%|
|Trans Fat 34.26g|
|Total Carbs 741.63g||198%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.3g||88%|