Cost per serving $2.01 view details
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 c. finely minced red bell pepper
- 1 c. minced green onions
- 1 tsp curry pwdr
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 x (14-oz) can light coconut lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 4 x (6-oz) tilapia fillets
- Â Â Cooking spray
- 3 c. warm cooked Basmati rice
- 4 x lime wedges
- Tilapia's mild flavor allows the bold flavors in this brothy sauce to shine. Serve this dish with rice, that will absorb the sauce.
- Preheatbroiler. Heat 1/2 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add in pepper and onions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry pwdr, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add in soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and coconut lowfat milk; bring to a simmer
- (don't boil). Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Brush fish with 1/2 tsp. oil; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 min or possibly till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet, 1/2 c. sauce, 3/4 c. rice, and 1 lime wedge).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 345g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 281||42%|
|Total Fat 33.53g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 28.34g||113%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.05g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||27%|