Cost per serving $4.71 view details
- 1 x 50 grams can anchovies in oil
- 1 x Cos lettuce
- 150 ml Plain flour
- 150 ml Beaten Large eggs, pus 1 egg yolk
- 75 ml Lowfat milk, plus 2 tbsp
- 3 tsp White wine vinegar
- 115 gm Brixworth pate, (pork, bacon and chicken), cubed
- 3 x Tomatoes
- 150 ml Extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Goose egg
- 1 Tbsp. Double cream, plus 100 ml
- 25 gm Butter
- 3 x Cloves garlic
- 1/8 x Onion, finely minced
- 4 slc Bread, about 1.5cm thick, plus
- 40 gm Bread, crusts removed
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 bn Salad onions, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh dill
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f/Gas 7 and preheat the grill to high.
- 1 Lightly grease a mini muffin tray and place in the oven to heat.
- Drain the oil from the anchovies and reserve. Remove the outer leaves from the lettuce, throw away and tear the remaining leaves in half.
- 2 For the Yorkshire Puddings: Place the plain flour and a healthy pinch of salt in a bowl.
- 3 Gradually beat in 150ml/ 3/4 pint beaten Large eggs, 75ml/2 1/2fl ounce lowfat milk and 75ml/2 1/2fl ounce water to make a batter and stir in 1 tsp white wine vinegar.
- 4 Pour the batter into the mini muffin tray and bake in the oven for about10 min.
- 5 Top half the Yorkshire puddings with a cube of pate and cook for another 3-5 min, or possibly till the Yorkshire puddings are well risen and golden.
- 6 Thickly slice the tomatoes, place on a baking sheet, drizzle over 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and season. Cook in the oven for about 10 min or possibly till tender and browned.
- 7 For the Scrambled Large eggs: Carefully crack the goose egg into a bowl so the shell is in two halves. Add in 2 tbsp lowfat milk and 1 tbsp cream and beat together. Wash out the goose egg shells and reserve.
- 8 Heat the butter in a frying pan. Pour in the beaten goose egg and stir gently over a low heat till the Large eggs begin to thicken.
- 9 Add in the remaining pate, take off the heat and continue stirring till the Large eggs are creamy. Spoon the scrambled Large eggs into the shells to serve.
- 10 For the Salad: Finely chop 3 anchovies, crush 1 clove garlic and place in the bottom of a bowl with onion. Add in 1 egg yolk and mix together.
- 11 Beat in 2 tsp white wine vinegar and 150ml/ 3/4 pint extra virgin olive oil to make a dressing. Add in the lettuce and toss to coat. Serve the salad in a bowl.
- 12 For the Bruschetta: Cut out the circles from the slices of bread using a plain cutter about 7cm diameter.
- 13 Place on a baking sheet, drizzle over 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, place under the grill and cook on both sides till golden.
- 14 Heat the vegetable oil and oil from the anchovies in a frying pan.
- Add in the salad onions and cook till tender and browned. Remove from the pan and chop 1/3 of the roasted spring onions.
- 15 Place the garlic in a pan of boiling water and simmer for five min. Remove the garlic using a slotted spoon and place in a pan with 100ml/3 1/2fl ounce double cream, season and bring to the boil.
- 16 Tear 40g/1 1/2oz bread into pcs, add in to the pan with the minced spring onions and simmer for 2-3 min. Using a hand blender, puree the mix till smooth, adding a little lowfat milk if necessary to give a smooth consistency.
- 17 Top the toasted bruschetta and roasted tomato slices with the anchovies and spring onions and arrange on a plate with the Yorkshire puddings. Pour the garlic sauce over the Yorkshire puddings and scatter minced dill over plate.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 770g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1115||64%|
|Total Fat 125.74g||157%|
|Saturated Fat 26.33g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 92.77g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|