Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1 x onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. oil, vegetable
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 c. walnuts, minced, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. cranberries, minced, dry
- 1/2 Tbsp. pastry, puff, frzn, thawed, half, package of, 397g pkg
- 2 tsp mustard, Dijon
- 4 ounce cheese, brie, thinly, sliced
- 1 x pear, peeled, cored, thinly, sliced
- 1 x egg, beaten
- 6 c. lettuce, frisee, torn
- 2 c. lettuce, radicchio, torn
- 3 Tbsp. oil, walnut or possibly 3 tbsp oil, olive, extra virgin
- 4 tsp vinegar, cider
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 pch salt
- 1 pch pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C)
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and sugar, stirring occasionally, till onion is golden brown and softened, about 20 min.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- Set aside.
- On lightly floured surface roll out puff pastry into 12- x -9 inch (30 x 23 cm) rectangle; spread mustard lengthwise along third of pastry.
- Spoon onion mix over mustard; top with cheese and pear.
- Starting at corner of 1 long edge of pastry, make diagonal cuts, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart almost to filling.
- Repeat on other side in opposite direction.
- Alternating strips from side to side fold over filling to resemble braid, brushing each strip with some of the egg to secure.
- Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 450 F (230 C) oven for about 25 min or possibly till pastry is golden brown and pear is tender.
- Let cold slightly.
- (Make ahead: Cover loosely with foil and let stand at room temperature for up to 4 hrs; reheat to serve)
- Cut into 8 slices.
- Salad:Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss frisee with radicchio lettuce.
- In separate bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over greens and toss to coat.
- Divide among 8 plates; top each with strudel.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 89g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 120||72%|
|Total Fat 13.61g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3.87g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 6.58g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|