Cost per serving $4.72 view details
- 2 lrg Yellow bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Each cumin seed and yellow
- Â Â Mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp (for mild) to 1/2 tsp.
- Â Â (for warm) grnd red pepper
- Â Â (cayenne)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 x Skinned and boned chicken-
- Â Â Breast halves (about 5 Ounces each)
- 1/4 tsp Grnd turmeric
- 4 sprg (about 3 inches long)
- Â Â Fresh tarragon, or possibly 1/4
- Â Â Crumbled
- 1. Halve, core and seed bell peppers, then chop coarsely.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in cumin and mustard seeds, grnd red pepper and 1/8 tsp. of the salt. Stir till mustard seeds begin to pop, about 2 min, then stir in the minced bell peppers. Cook 5 to 6 min, stirring often, till tender.
- 3. Scrape mix into blender or possibly food processor. Process to a purAe.
- 4. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/8 tsp. salt and the turmeric. Put tarragon into skillet used for peppers. Add in chicken and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 min per side, turning once, till chicken is no longer pink at center.
- 5. To serve: Ladle bell-pepper sauce on serving plate, top with chicken and garnish with tarragon sprigs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1325g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1708||63%|
|Total Fat 189.48g||237%|
|Saturated Fat 53.48g||214%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 4.91g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|