This is hands down the best potato soup I have ever had. Nothing fancy or chef style, just good homemade soup. Shared by a friend, it's now our families favorite potato soup
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 3 cups of fat-free half & half
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. light sour cream
- Wash the potatoes & pierce with a fork
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until fork tender.
- Let potatoes cool then cut in half and scoop out pulp.
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- Add flour & stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk to butter/flour mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick & bubbly.
- Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, 2 tbs green onion, 1/2 cup bacon and 1 cup cheese to milk mixture.reserving some of each for topping
- Cook until thoroughly heated. Should be thick & coat the spoon well
- Stir in the sour cream.
- You can add extra milk for desired consistency.
- Garnish with cheese, bacon, and onion on each individual serving.
- Makes 6 medium size servings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 432g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 473||66%|
|Total Fat 53.38g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 29.47g||118%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.24g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|