- 2 x Large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oleomargarine softened
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. minced walnuts
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix first 3 ingredients. Mix flour, soda, baking pwdr and salt. Combine first 2 mixtures, and mix well. Add in lowfat sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix topping ingredients.
- In bundt pan, 9- by 13-inch cake pan or possibly mammoth muffin pan for 6 sprayed with vegetable spray, alternate layers of batter and topping.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 min (check muffins at 25 to 30 min). Check with toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- Comments: Works well with "Triangle Ranch Ham And Broccoli Bake" (see recipe) and they are baked at the same temperature.
- A Spanish Castle in the South Dakota Plains!