Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 4Â 1/2 c. diced zucchini
- 4Â 1/2 c. diced yellow squash
- 1Â 1/2 c. minced yellow onion
- 1 pkt Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix prepared as directed
- 1Â 1/2 stk butter
- 8 ounce American processed cheese diced
- Â Â (use a store brand not Velveta)
- 3 x chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Prepare Jiffy Mix as directed, set aside to cold.
- Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large sauce pan and add in just sufficient of water to cover. Cook on medium-low heat just till tender, remove from heat. Drain squash, reserve one c. of water for casserole.
- On medium-low temperature place all of the butter in large sauce pan and saute/fry the onions till the onions turn clear, add in salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley. Add in chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions, stir. Add in liquid removed squash and diced cheese, stir. Crumble corn bread in squash and pour the reserved c. of water and mix well.
- Place squash mix in a 13- by 11-inch baking pan which has been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Cover casserole and place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 50 to 60 min. Remove cover the last 20 min of baking time.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: This is a wonderful way to dress up your standard squash casserole. We found which this casserole is a great replacement for stuffing or possibly potatoes. If you tend to prefer less butter, please add in less than is suggested.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 294g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 237||78%|
|Total Fat 26.81g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 16.66g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.74g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|