Cost per serving $1.19 view details
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening chilled cut into small pcs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. light butter chilled cut into small pcs
- 3 Tbsp. ice water
- 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 12 x Amaretti di Saronna cookies about 3 ounces
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 5 tsp light butter chilled cut into small pcs
- 2 lrg egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 c. fresh blueberries about 1 1/4 lbs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse 2 times or possibly till blended. Add in 2 Tbsp. chilled butter; pulse 4 times or possibly till mix resembles coarse meal. Combine ice water and vinegar. With processor on, add in vinegar mix through food chute, processing just till combined (don't form a ball). Press mix gently into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap Roll dough, still covered, into a 11-inch circle. Refrigeratedough 15 min or possibly till plastic wrap can be easily removed.
- Remove plastic wrap; fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under, and flute. Pierce bottom and sides of dough with a fork; bake at 400 for 15 min. Let cold on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Place cookies in a heavy duty zip-top plastic bag; coarsely crush with a mallet or possibly rolling pin, and set aside. Combine 1/2 c sugar, 1/3 c flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 5 tsp butter with a pastry blender or possibly 2 knives till mix resembles coarse meal. Stir in cookie crumbs. Sprinkle 1/4 c crumb mix over bottom of prepared piecrust. Set remaining crumb mix aside.
- Beat egg whites and 1/8 tsp salt with clean, dry beaters at high speed of a mixer till foamy. Add in 2 Tablespoons sugar, 1 Tablespoons at a time, beating till stiff peaks form. Gently fold blueberries and lime juice into egg white mix. Spoon blueberry mix into prepared crust, spreading proportionately (crust will be very full). Sprinkle remaining crumb mix proportionately over blueberry mix. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Shield edges of piecrust with foil after 30 min to prevent overbrowning, if necessary. Let cold completely on a wire rack.
- Yield: 10 servingsRatings : Do Again 8 Points 6
- Serving Ideas : Great with whipped cream or possibly vanilla ice cream.
- NOTES : Dad made this! (I do not remember the bottom crust - Mom may have omitted).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||30%|
|Total Fat 7.15g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.31g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.86g|
|Total Carbs 34.57g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|