- â 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- â 10 tablespoons sugar
- â 1 1/2 cups flour, plus
- â 2 tablespoons flour
- â 1 teaspoon baking powder
- â 1 pinch salt
- â 1 grated lemon, zest of
- â 2 large eggs
- â 2/3 cup slivered almond
- â 1/3 cup blueberries
- â 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2.Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- 3.In the bowl of your Mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- 4.Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest and beat just until combined.
- 5.Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- 6.Add the nuts blueberries and anise seeds and mix until combined.
- 7.Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a 12-inch-long log.
- 8.Transfer log to the prepared baking sheet with a spatula.
- 9.Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch.
- 10.Allow log to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- 11.Leave oven on.
- 12.Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 13.Place the biscotti cut side up on the lined baking sheet and bake an additional 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- 14.Cool completely on wire rack.
- 15.Store in a airtight container in a cool dry place up to 2 weeks.