Cost per serving $0.78 view details
- 1 can Black beans, liquid removed
- 1/2 c. Onion, finely minced
- 1/2 c. Green pepper, finely minced
- 1 lrg Carrot, cooked
- 1/2 c. Salsa (your choice)
- 1 c. Multi grain Oatmeal (dry)
- Â Â Or possibly Oatmeal (dry)
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Chili pwdr (or possibly to taste)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Pepper to taste
- Variation of Bean Burger calling for Kidney Beans posted on Intercook by Sandee Eveland. I didn't have all the right ingredients for which recipe so experimented with black beans instead.
- Mix all ingredients well. Using 1/4 lb hamburger press, make four burgers.
- Can vary the taste with more/less spices.
- Preheat electric skillet to 350 degrees. Spray with vegetable spay. Fry burgers about 15 min, turning once or possibly twice till surface is golden and burger feels "set"
- The consistency of these burgers "May" allow them to be grilled on bbq.
- Have not tried which yet.
- Will have son evaluate this experiment. These passed the taste test!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 187g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||4%|
|Total Fat 1.87g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.45g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 76.98g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.2g||57%|