Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 2 c. sifted cake flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 x egg whites room temperature
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar finely grnd in a
- Â Â food processor or possibly blender for 2 min
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. buttermilk room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Â Â Seven-Minute Frosting (see recipe)
- Arrange the oven racks to divide the oven into thirds. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 8-inch round baking pans with parchment or possibly wax paper rounds and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking pwdr, and salt onto a sheet of wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the whites till foamy, 1 minute; gradually add in 1/3 c. of the sugar and beat till hard peaks form, 3 to 4 min.
- In another large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the oil, remaining 1/3 c. sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla and almond extracts; beat till well blended, 30 seconds. Whisk in about half of the flour mix, then alternately mix in the remaining flour with the beaten whites. Spread proportionately in the prepared pans and bake 15 to 18 min, or possibly till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cold completely on a rack and frost.
- This recipe yields 10 servings.
- Serving size: 1 piece.
- Comments: This is the snowy-white cake so many of us associate with birthdays, a perfect match for the fluffy "Seven-Minute Frosting" (see recipe). Because this cake is so delicate and light, it requires careful preparation: make sure the ingredients are room temperature, and which you've measured your ingredients precisely.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 63g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||30%|
|Total Fat 7.61g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 0.64g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 35.46g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|