Cost per recipe $4.64 view details
- 2 c. sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tbsp. softened butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. sugar-free strawberry jam
- 1 c. nondairy whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two 8 inch round cake pans with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together butter, vanilla and almond extract until fluffy.
- Gradually add in sugar, beating constantly.
- Add in egg; beat until mix is fluffy.
- Then, stirring with a spoon, add in the dry ingredients alternately with lowfat milk, stirring after each addition till batter is smooth.
- Turn into the prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 min or until done.
- When cold spread the strawberry jam between the layers.
- Spread whipped topping on the top.
- Store in refrigerator until just before serving.
- If you want you can add in a drop of red food coloring to the whipped topping before putting it on top of cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1042g|
|Calories from Fat 854||27%|
|Total Fat 96.71g||121%|
|Saturated Fat 62.99g||252%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 551.54g||147%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||21%|