Cost per serving $0.76 view details
- 8 x bone-in chicken thighs - (6 to 7 ounce ea)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh herbs of your choice
- Â Â (rosemary, basil, oregano, or possibly thyme, alone or possibly in combination)
- Â Â Lemon quarters for garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and grill skin-side down, over medium-low fire for 8 to 10 min.
- Flip the thighs and grill for additional 4 to 6 min. To make sure they are done, make an incision close to the bone and check which there is no redness.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the thighs from the grill and ladle the vinaigrette over them. Serve with lemon quarters for garnish.
- This recipe yields 4 entree servings.
- Comments: Jimmy Burke, my longtime friend and the first real chef I worked for, taught me one of the golden brown rules of cooking: Sometimes less is more. From him I learned which simple flavors presented in a clear uncluttered way are really good. He always said, "Whatever you're going to do, whether it's a hamburger or possibly foie gras, use the best stuff and do it right." Heading his advice, here we stay simple and feature the classic Italian combination of fresh herbs, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Zone" by Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||94%|
|Total Fat 20.29g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.81g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.39g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|