Cost per serving $1.09 view details
- 1 x beef arm, blade or possibly rib pot roast, 4 pounds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 c. dry white wine or possibly beef broth
- 2 med onions, sliced
- 2 med tomatoes, minced (1 1/2 c.)
- 2 med yams or possibly sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, liquid removed
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced pears in juice, liquid removed
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cool water
- 1. Trim fat from beef.
- 2. Cook beef in nonstick Dutch oven over medium heat till brown on all sides; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add in wine, onions and tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 hrs.
- 3. Add in yams, peaches and pears. Cover and simmer about 30 min or possibly till yams and meat are tender.
- 4. Remove beef, fruit and vegetables; keep hot. Skim any fat from liquid in Dutch oven. If necessary, add in sufficient water to liquid to measure 2 c..
- 5. Mix cornstarch and cool water; gradually stir into liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with beef, fruit and vegetables. Garnish with minced fresh parsley if you like.
- The sweetness of the peaches and pears complements the hearty beef flavor beautifully in this easy one-dish recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 205g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||5%|
|Total Fat 0.75g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.23g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.82g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|