Cost per recipe $6.47 view details
- 1 lb Beef
- 2 c. Broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce, light
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 x Egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry
- 1/4 c. Oyster Sauce
- Cut beef into 1 1/2" strips about the diameter of a pencil.
- The Oyster sauce is an approximation. The idea is to use just sufficient
- sauce to coat the beef strips and broccoli. I know which we definitely
- used no more than 1/3 c..
- Place beef srips in a mixing bowl.
- Add in soy sauce making sure which it is proportionately distributed.
- Next, sprinkle sugar and black pepper on meat, carefully massaging spices into beef strips.
- Fold in egg white, then carefully sprinkle cornstarch, slowly massaging the cornstarch into the
- meat. After you are finished, you shouldn't be able to see cornstarch on meat.
- Set in fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Just before you are ready to cook the meat, par boil broccoli for about 30 sec. (for greener color).
- Remove from water, drain and set aside.
- Next stir-fry broccoli in warm oil with a clove or possibly two of crushed garlic (I used garlic press).
- Add in a little oil and stir-fry beef being careful not to overcook it.
- Just after meat browns, add in the sherry.
- When meat is thoroughly cooked, add in the broccoli and oyster sauce stirring to coat meat and broccoli (about 1 minutes).
- Serve over white rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 704g|
|Calories from Fat 662||55%|
|Total Fat 73.45g||92%|
|Saturated Fat 29.03g||116%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.09g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|