This is the most requested pie in our family and has been handed down for several generations. This is the dessert we all looked forward to anytime we had a family gathering. It is like a big gooey brownie and is really yummy served warm with vanilla ice cream.
I have used Jules Gluten Free Flour in place of the all purpose flour and gluten free vanilla - no one could tell the difference.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain all-purpose flour
- Melt butter and chocolate together and let cool a bit.
- Cream together the melted bitter, chocolate and sugar(do not use an electric mixer).
- Add eggs and beat slightly - do not over beat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in flour - do not over work the batter.
- Pour into a greased 9" pie pan (I have always used a clear glass pie pan).
- Bake in a pre-heated 325 oven for 30 minutes. If your oven runs hot, adjust baking time.
- The pie will be very gooey when first taken out of the oven. It will set a bit as it cools.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 82g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 190||54%|
|Total Fat 21.84g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 13.27g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.4g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|