Cost per recipe $3.81 view details
- 3 ounce Turkey breast, roasted, sliced
- 1 slc Toasted white bread
- 2 slc Tomato
- 2 slc Bacon, cooked and liquid removed (--Sauce--)
- 2 ounce Butter
- 3 ounce Flour
- 3/4 c. Cream
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Swiss cheese, grated Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat butter and add in flour. Whisk and slowly cook for 5 min. Whisk in cream and lowfat milk and heat. Whisk in cheese till melted. Season. Simmer for 30 min. Sauce should be very thick.
- Quarter toast and place in an oven safe dish. Top with turkey and tomatoes.
- Cover well with sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 min. Garnish with bacon.
- Note: This is a regional favorite which originated at Louisville's Brown Hotel earlier in this century. Many variations can be found, most commonly country ham is added and a cheddar sauce is substituted. This is our version that I feel is closer to the original recipe. It is offered on our lunch menu.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 663g|
|Calories from Fat 941||61%|
|Total Fat 106.94g||134%|
|Saturated Fat 64.69g||259%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 95.19g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|