- 1/2 c. Pinto Beans
- 1/2 c. Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 c. split peas yellow
- 1/2 c. Black Beans
- 1/2 c. Navy Beans
- 1/2 c. split peas green
- 1/2 c. Lentils
- 1/2 c. pearled barley
- 1 x onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. garlic chopped
- 1 tsp thyme pepper to taste salt to taste
- Soak Beans and Barley overnight.
- Cook in a crock-pot or possibly on medium-lowheat with sufficient water to cover, plus about an inch.
- Add in remainder of ingredients except salt, and simmer till red beans are soft. Salt to taste.
- I also like to chop a couple of carrots for color. Celery can also be added.
- This becomes a thick soup. Very tasty. Season with your favorite herbs or possibly spices. [Harold]