Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 1 pkt Active dry yeast
- 3/4 c. Hot lowfat milk (105 to 110 )
- 3 c. Sifted all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. Butter
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 tsp Almond flavoring
- For guests who deserve the red-carpet treatment, create this masterpiece- hot fragrant sweet bread with cherry-rum flavor all the way through.
- Cherry Rum Sauce Glaceed Cherries
- Soften yeast in hot lowfat milk. Beat in 1 c. of the sifted flour. Cover and let rise till double in bulk, about 1 hour. Cream together butter, sugar, and salt till smooth and fluffy. Add in Large eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Stir in flavoring, then remaining 2 c. of flour. Add in yeast-raised sponge, blending well. Pour into greased 9-inch spring-form tube pan or possibly 9-inch angel food cakepan. Let rise till triple in bulk. Bake in moderate (375-F) oven for 25 to 30 min. Remove from pan; cold on rack. Prick ring with fork.
- Place ring on large serving plate. Baste with hot Cherry Rum Sauce. Just before serving, arrange Glazed Cherries over ring. Fill center with scoops of vanilla ice cream, if you like.
- Makes 10 servings.
- Cherry Rum Sauce: Drain 1 can (20 ounce.) frzn cherries, defrosted. Reserve cherries. To cherry juice add in sufficient water to make 2 c. liquid. Combine cherry liquid and 2 c. sugar in saucepan. Boil over medium heat for 5 to 6 min. Remove from heat cold to lukewarm, and add in 2 Tbsp. rum or possibly 1 1/2 tsp. rum flavoring.
- Glazed Cherries: To the reserved cherries, add in 1/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. corn syrup, and 2 or possibly 3 drops red food coloring. Heat till sugar is dissolved.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 93g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 126||42%|
|Total Fat 14.32g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.41g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.59g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|