Cost per serving $6.79 view details
- STEP ONE
- 1 small red onion; julienne
- 1 small orange pepper; julienne
- 1 small Red pepper; julienne
- 1 small Yellow pepper; julienne
- 1 clove Garlic; minced
- 1 tbsp Blood orange olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- STEP TWO
- 16 large shrimp, peel and cleaned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1/4 c White wine
- 1/4 c Pernod
- Sea salt & lemon pepper
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1) Saute ONION, PEPPERS & GARLIC in olive oil and butter on high heat for 3-4 minutes.....do not allow vegetables to wilt...leave very crisp.
- 2) Add ingredients in STEP TWO, bring to a simmer and REMOVE FROM heat.
- 3) For service...saute shrimp until almost done, add sauteed vegetable mixture and swirl in pan until hot.
- Serve over rice in Au Gratin dish.
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; add raisins and set aside (do not drain). In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of broth and 2 tablespoons of butter to a boil. Add wild rice; cover and simmer for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender (drain if necessary).
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the brown rice, 2 tablespoons butter and remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender (drain if necessary).
- 3. In a skillet, saute the almonds in remaining butter until lightly browned. In a serving bowl, combine the wild rice, brown rice, raisin mixture, almonds, parsley, salt and pepper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1248g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 545||34%|
|Total Fat 62.72g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 31.2g||125%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 216.42g||58%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.3g||64%|