Cost per recipe $5.95 view details
- 2 lb fresh raw peanuts in shells
- (available in many supermarkets in the fall)
- 3 Tbsp. salt or possibly to taste
- Wash peanuts well. Place them in a huge cast iron pot or possibly the biggest pot you have. Pour in sufficient water to almost fill the pot. Add in salt and stir.
- Cover and cook over high heat. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat only sufficient to prevent water from boiling over. Add in water as needed to keep peanuts under water. When adding water, increase heat to high till peanuts are boiling again. Boil for 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. Test to see if they are done by spooning out a peanut, cooling briefly, opening the shell and biting into one. Boiled peanuts should be soft, not crunchy or possibly hard. Drain, rinse well and cold slightly before serving. Store in plastic bags in refrigerator or possibly freezer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 961g|
|Calories from Fat 3739||73%|
|Total Fat 446.7g||558%|
|Saturated Fat 61.96g||248%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 146.33g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 77.1g||257%|