Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- 2 med carrots, skinned and cut (2 to 3) into thin strips
- 250 gm stringless French beans, topped and tailed
- 1 lrg capsicum, (colour of your choice), cut into strips (throw away seeds)
- 1 x telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 100 gm tofu, cut into cubes or possibly tempeh (optional)
- 50 gm bean sprouts
- 4 x hard boiled Large eggs, cut into quarters
- 2 med potatoes, cooked and cut into
- Â Â (2 to 3) cubes
- 2 Tbsp. crushed peanuts for garnish
- Â Â Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 x spring onions, (green parts only) minced
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced spring onions, white parts
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chilli sauce, (or possibly minced fresh or possibly dry chilli) optional
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or possibly chicken stock
- 2 x heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp shrimp paste or possibly fish sauce, (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar, (preferably palm sugar but others will do)
- 2 tsp Indonesian soya sauce, (kecap minis)
- 2 tsp coconut lowfat milk, (2 to 3)
- Blanch carrots and beans by plunging into boiling water. Remove after a minute and plunge in icy cool water to refresh. Drain.
- Repeat this process with bean sprouts but remove after 10 seconds.
- Arrange all the vegetables, egg and tofu in separate piles on large serving platter with hard boiled egg in the centre.
- Splash with warm peanut sauce (see below) and garnish with peanuts, coriander leaves and spring onions.
- PEANUT SAUCE:Heat the peanut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add in the spring onions, garlic and ginger and cook for two min. Don't allow garlic to burn. Add in chilli (optional) and stir.
- Add in the stock and stir, followed by peanut butter, fish sauce or possibly shrimp paste, sugar and soya sauce. Add in coconut lowfat milk to achieve smooth consistency.
- To Serve... Arrange a platter with carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, capsicum, tofu and hard boiled Large eggs and potatoes, then pour the peanut sauce over the top.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 221g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||49%|
|Total Fat 15.41g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.45g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.3g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|