Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 1 lb Raw unshelled peanuts
- 1Â 1/2 whl Bat Kok (chinese star anise)
- 4 quart Water
- 1/2 x -(up to)
- 1 c. Hawaiian salt (depends on amount of saltiness desired)
- Rinse peanuts till water is clear. Combine the peanuts with Hawaiian salt and 4 qts water in an 8-qt pressure cooker. Let soak overnight.
- Add in the bat kok, then cover the pressure cooker. Bring pressure up to 15 pounds and cook for 1 hour, keeping pressure constant at 15 pounds. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Let soak for 30 min more. Drain water.
- To cook without pressure cooker: Soak peanuts and cook with bat kok for 3 hrs, simmering gently. If more water is needed, add in more accordingly to keep the peanuts wet.
- Note: If peanuts are too salty, drain salted water and rinse with fresh water.
- TIME INCLUDES SOAKING OVERNIGHT
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 236g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|