Cost per recipe $10.03 view details
- 1/2 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 x clove chopped
- salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 11/2 lb boneless shoulder of lamb or possibly lamb loin, diced into 1-inch pcs
- 1 x red bell pepper
- 1 sm eggplant sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 sm zucchini sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 sm red onion sliced
- salt to taste
- 31/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 11/2 c. water
- 1 c. couscous
- 1/2 c. black olives (such as kalamata) pitted and minced
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley divided
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chopped lemon zest
- Place the oil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a nonreactive baking dish. Add in the lamb and marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
- To prepare the couscous, roast the bell pepper on the grill and let steam. When cold, peel, seed, dice, and set aside. Meanwhile, lay the eggplant, zucchini, and onion on a work surface, sprinkle with salt, and brush both sides with 3 Tbsp. of the oil. Grill the vegetables over direct medium-high heat for 3 or possibly 4 min per side. When cold, chop the vegetables and set aside with the peppers. Place the water and a healthy pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add in the remaining 1/2 tsp. of oil and the couscous; stir once, and remove from the heat. Cover the pan and let sit for 10 min to allow the couscous to absorb the liquid.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and thread onto 2 parallel skewers. (If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 min to prevent burning. Grill over direct medium-high heat for 7 or possibly 8 min, turning occasionally. Transfer to serving plates. Add in the diced vegetables, olives, 3 Tbsp. of the parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the couscous, and fluff with a fork. Serve with the lamb skewers, and garnish with the remaining Tbsp. of parsley.
- NOTES : This dish successfully combines elements from opposite sides of the Mediterranean. Souvlaki is the Greek dish of skewered, grilled marinated lamb, while couscous is a North African classic which's traditionally served with grilled or possibly roasted lamb.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3135g|
|Calories from Fat 3811||81%|
|Total Fat 429.32g||537%|
|Saturated Fat 59.47g||238%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 207.41g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 41.8g||139%|