Leave the candy to the kids…This dreamy springtime dessert we’ll be wonderful to serve after your Easter meal. It’s so light and tasty with rich pistachio and almond flavors. We’ve made ours skinny by using reduced-fat butter in the crust, reduced-fat milk and Cool Whip Lite instead of regular and topping with good-for-you almonds. Our skinny pie has 180 calories, 7 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS per slice. It’s a little slice of heaven!
- 1â cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1Â½ cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding
- Â¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- Red and blue food color, optional
- Â¼ cup almonds, sliced or slivered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix together until the crumbs are coated. Set aside 2 tablespoons for the topping.
- Spread the remaining crumbs evenly in the prepared pan. Pat the crumbs down.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place in refrigerator to quickly cool.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, add milk, dry pudding mix and almond extract. Beat with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes until thickened. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in 1Â½ cups Cool Whip. Spoon into cooled pan. Spread evenly.
- To the pudding bowl add the remaining Cool Whip. Add one drop of each red and blue food coloring and gentle mix with a rubber spatula. This should create a light lavender colored batter. Spread this lavender batter evenly on top of the pistachio pudding batter.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons of crumbs and sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set. This can be made several days in advance. Store in refrigerator. It also freezes great.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 86g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||42%|
|Total Fat 9.28g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.25g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|