Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 14 slices homemade white bread (crust removed and cubed)
- 1 1/2 c. Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 9 Large eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 c. lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Generous healthy pinch red cayenne
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- Brown sausage and break up into pcs and drain. Brush 9x13 inch baking dish with fat from sausage. Spread bottom of dish with half of the cubed bread, then sprinkle 1/2 c. of grated cheese and arrange half of sausage over cheese. Make second layer, repeating bread, cheese, sausage. Press layers down lightly.
- In a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients except butter. Pour into dish. Sprinkle top with extra cheese and drizzle melted, cooled butter on top. cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerateovernight. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or possibly till browned or possibly set.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 158g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 218||73%|
|Total Fat 24.36g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 3.57g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|