It seems like just yesterday it was Christmas. Now February, the month of hearts, is upon us and Cupid is already sighting hapless strangers in his bow's cross hairs. Oh yes, love is truly in the air. What better way to share your love and spread peace and harmony amongst your loved ones than with this chocolate ambrosia. Celebrate with flowers and candy, and a showering of affection. You can also use this awesome cake recipe. The product will be a luscious, delectable treat and the process will be an enjoyable experience. It will feed your soul and bestow upon your heart that priceless sense of accomplishment; a true labor of love. A Homemade Chocolate Cake recipe is what you need for this occasion.
- 3 cups of sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of corn oil
- 1/2 cup of room temperature butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk
- 1/2 cup of thick cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate flavor extract
- 1 tablespoon of corn syrup
- - Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F. To prevent the crust from burning, lightly coat with butter and sprinkle with flour your two 8-inch cake pans.
- - Mix together all the dry ingredients in one large mixing bowl.
- - Mix together all the remaining ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- - Gradually combine the dry ingredients and the liquid mixture until the two are incorporated.
- - Divided evenly, pour into the pans.
- - Bake the cake for an estimated time of 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean after being inserted into the cakes.
- - Allow to cool on wire racks for less than half an hour. Invert cakes from pans when completely cool.
- - Make the filling by preparing a corresponding amount of your favorite frosting or icing recipe.
- - Put together the cake by placing one layer on a tray and spreading with the thick filling on top and placing the second cake layer over it.
- - The remaining filling now serves as your icing or frosting for spreading evenly or in whips on the top and sides of the cake.
- - Smooth out the edges meticulously and wiping with a napkin, as necessary, over any excesses.
- - Chill the cake covered by a cake tray lid until it is time to serve to your family and friends.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 269g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 355||40%|
|Total Fat 40.15g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 9.91g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 112.39g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|