Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- . 5 oz. (150 gr) semisweet Chocolate (50-60%) coarsely chopped
- >>>OR OPTIONAL.....only if using same amount of bittersweet Chocolate (65-70%).....Add a sweet type Syrup: .1/4 cup (60 ml Maple syrup OR 1/8 cup (30 ml) of Agave Nectar<<<
- . 1 cup (240 ml) of 35% whipping Cream
- . 2 large Egg Whites
- Prepare recipe for 4-6 small ramekins...or...1 freezer container.
- . CHOCOLATE melt: In a small medium heat proof bowl, place all your chopped chocolate and pour the cream over the surface. Microwave on high for 45 seconds...take out...let it rest for 30 seconds. STIR until all is completely smoothly melted. At this point...you can ADD the optional sweet syrup. Let the chocolate stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally until it is completely cooled (about 1 hour).
- . EGG WHITE mix: Whip the egg whites with pre-chilled beaters and a medium sized bowl (preferably stainless steel or copper). Tilt the bowl to begin whipping. When you achieve a ribbon effect which will form peaks...it's ready!
- . ASSEMBLY: Slowly pour chocolate mix into the egg whites by gradually folding both to create fluffy airiness.
- . FREEZE mix: You can either pour the finished chocolate mousse into the individual ramekins ...or...place inside a freezer container to later scoop out like ice-cream. The ramekin servings will be ready in about 2-3 hours / the container...anywhere between 4-6 hours, depending on freezers.
- . > Note about serving: If you chose the individual ramekins...take out of freezer at least 10-15 minutes before serving. If you chose a container...take out of freezer at least 30 minutes before scooping out the mousse.
- . Buon appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com