Cost per serving $0.09 view details
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . Note: > Reserve CITRUS juice to use in both parts of recipe:
- . 1 big lemon (finely zested and juiced)
- . 1 big orange (finely zested and juiced)
- . > DRY:
- . 2 cups (300g) All-Purpose flour
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking powder
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) seasalt
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) baking soda
- . > WET:
- . 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter (softened)
- . 1-1/4 cup (275g) granulated sugar
- . 1 xlarge egg
- . 1 cup (230g) Ricotta cheese
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) lemon juice
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) orange juice
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) each of the fine citrus zests
- . GLAZE:
- 1 cup (150g) confectioner's sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsps. (22.5ml) each of the citrus juices
- . NOTE: cookie dough needs to be chilled 1 hour beforehand. Afterwards, about 20 or more minutes before baking, pre-heat the oven at: 350F/180C/Gas 4. Position rack on second level from bottom of the oven. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- . DOUGH: > DRY: In a large sized bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Make a center well to later receive the wet mixture. Set aside. > WET: In a medium bowl, electrically beat the softened butter with the sugar until fluffy. Then, beat in the egg and the Ricotta cheese, followed by the portion of citrus juice and zests allocated to this part of the recipe. > ASSEMBLY: Pour the wet mixture into the dry ones. With a spatula, combine and fold all until flour disappears. Do not over mix. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Note: About 20 minutes before the cookie dough is chilled taken out of the fridge, start pre-heating the oven at: 350F/180C/Gas4.
- . SHAPE COOKIES: Set up one pre-lined baking sheet at the time. With two spoons, roughly shape 24 walnut-sized cookie portions. Place them about 1 inch (5cm) apart. The remaining dough should be placed back into the fridge until a few minutes before the first cookie batch is finished baking.
- . BAKE: Depending more or less on the darkness of your cookie sheet...bake for about 18 minutes or until lightly gold on the edges. When ready, have them cool on the sheet for about 5 more minutes. Repeat the same for the next cookie sheet.
- . GLAZE: In a small bowl, whisk together the icing sugar and the remaining citrus juices until smooth. At this point, make sure the glaze is not runny...it should hold a slight thick consistency. If not thick enough, add a little more icing sugar.
- . SETTING the GLAZE: (Once all cookies have properly cooled). Take the same pieces of parchment used for baking and place them under the racks which you willl be using to set the glaze on the cookies. This will capture any messy drips. Slowly spoon glaze over each cookie top. Let them rest on racks for at least 90 minutes.
- . STORAGE tips: Place them into a metal airtight container layered by parchment paper for up to 1 week. Or, better yet, preserve their freshness by packaging them into a parchment paper and into a freezer bag for up to 1 month.
- . Happy baking and Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 30g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.88g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|