Cost per serving $2.07 view details
- 6 slices soft white bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 very thin slices fully cooked ham
- 6 very thin slices fully cooked turkey
- 6 very thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (5 1/3 oz) evaporated milk
- Â¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Shortening for frying
- Flatten each slice of trimmed bread with rolling pin. Spread slices with mustard. Top each with 1 slice each ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese. Roll up bread tightly using plastic wrap to assist in rolling. Wrap very tightly in plastic wrap to assure even log shape. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat together baking mix and eggs. Add evaporated milk, salt and cinnamon.
- In deep frying pan heat 1 Â½ inches of shortening to 375Â°. Unwrap each roll and secure with 4 wooden tooth picks. With a serrated knife, slice each roll into 4 pieces (each secured with a tooth pick).
- Dip each piece in batter, allowing some batter to be absorbed. Fry a few pieces at a time in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately or keep warm in 175Â° oven. Serve with a spicy mustard sauce.
- *To make a day ahead, prepare and fry as directed. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat in single layer on a baking sheet in 425Â° oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 167g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||39%|
|Total Fat 9.83g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.14g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.92g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|