This is good on hot dogs & other sandwiches (even ones you wouldn't normally put ketchup on) and also as a dip. A slightly sweet taste with a little hint of spice.
- 4 yellow bell pepper, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 1 Â½ oz. jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 6 oz. onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 T. garlic, chopped
- 1 fl. oz. vegetable oil, as needed
- 3 fluid ounces red wine vinegar
- 3 oz. granulated sugar
- Salt, as needed
- Ground white pepper, as needed
- SautÃ©/sweat the bell peppers, jalapeno, onion, and garlic in oil until tender but not browned, about 12 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar; simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cool the ketchup and transfer to a clean storage container. Store in the refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 99g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||37%|
|Total Fat 6.91g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.53g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 25.87g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|