This recipe is great with steak, chicken or pork. You will need to adjust the cooking time depending upon the meat or poultry you use for the skewers. My kids loved this! It's going into my rotation for family dinners.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or fresh minced
- 1 pound chicken breast (pounded a little thinner) or 1 pound steak cubed
- In a glass or plastic bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds, sugar, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Thread the meat onto skewers. (If you are using wooden skewers, soak them 30 minutes first.) Place the skewers in a plastic or glass container just large enough to hold them, and pour the marinade over the meat, turning to coat well. Cover, and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat, and position grate 5 inches from coals.
- Brush grate with oil, and place skewers on grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes (or less depending on meat), occasionally turning kabobs to ensure even cooking.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 153g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||53%|
|Total Fat 16.47g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 3.11g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.28g|
|Total Carbs 10.81g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|