A party favorite for sure! Regardless of the occassion. Whether you want to make this an entree' or serve as appetizers, it is a hit either way. I prefer to serve as appetizers and it is such a wonderful treat on the pallette to enjoy in smaller portions. And it goes very fast, so you'd better double the recipe.
- 16-18 small Portobello Mushrooms.
- (or 12 large Button Mushrooms if you prefer).
- 3-6 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- 1 cup of grated Parmesian Cheese.
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- (You can always buy the combo bag of Parmesian, Mozzarella and Asiago Italian cheese blend which speeds up the process).
- 8 ounces of Ricotta or Cottage Cheese (Half a container basically)
- 6-8 Tablsespoons of Basil Pesto Sauce.
- 20-25 Pine Nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Remove stems from mushroom caps, discarding the tough ends (after washing them of course), and set aside.
- Coat mushroom caps inside and out with olive oil.
- Optional: You make cook the caps in a pan on the stove to brown them on both sides, especially if you are using button mushrooms.
- In a bowl mix cheeses and pesto together.
- It is optional for you to finely chop the mushroom stems and throw them in. I do not in this particular recipe.
- Be sure to set aside a small amount of Parmesian cheese to put on top after baking the mushrooms.
- Place pine nuts in oven to roast lightly brown and throw into cheese mixture after you have allowed them to cool for a bit.
- Spoon mixture generously into each mushroom cap.
- Transfer filled caps into baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Be sure to check on them after about 12 minutes, especialy if your oven is a convection oven.
- When cheese is bubbly and/ or golden brown they are done!
- Be sure to allow them to cool as it is hard to resist the temptation to pop one in your mouth. Your kitchen will smell delicious!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 447g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 248||62%|
|Total Fat 27.96g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 9.06g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.05g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|