This delicious recipe will warm your tummy like your favorite baked potato / scalloped potato combination. I mix cubed ham and cubed potatoes with a sauce containing cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, cream cheese, half & half and green onions. I then bake it with crunchy salt & pepper flavored potato chips as a top crust to bring you the perfect tasting casserole for these cold rainy nights.
- 4 large russet potatoes, cubed (3-4 cups)
- 3 - 4 cups of cubed ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (10 3/4oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 bar (4 oz.) cream cheese (softened) - optional
- 1 cup of half & half or milk
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup of crushed salt & pepper flavored potato chips
- Cut up green onions.Cube potatoes and ham into dice sized pieces and set aside. (I float my potatoes in cold water so they don't brown). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream of mushroom soup, softened cream cheese, half and half, and pepper in a large bowl. After sauce is well mixed, toss in ham, potato and onions, mix well.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish. pour ingredients into bowl and level out. Place dish in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add crushed potato chips as topping. (You can add cheddar cheese before topping with chips if you like). Bake for another 10- 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow 5 minutes to cool before eating.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 418g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 177||41%|
|Total Fat 19.96g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 8.85g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.85g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|