These, along with a salad, make a nice, light meal. They can be prepared in advance and then do the second baking just before you serve them.
Cost per serving $3.25 view details
- 8 oz. potatoes
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 Â½ c. grated gruyere cheese
- 1/2 c. self-rising flour
- 2 oz. fresh spinach leaves
- Butter, for greasing
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Peel the potatoes and cook in lightly salted, boiling water for 20 minutes, until very tender. Drain well and mash with egg yolks, using a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir in half of the Gruyere cheese and all of the flour. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Grease four large ramekins; set aside. Finely chop the spinach and fold into the potato mixture.
- In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Fold a little of the egg white into the potato mixture to loosen it slightly, then fold the remaining egg white into the mixture using a large spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the ramekins from the oven and leave to cool.
- Turn the soufflÃ©s out on to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake again for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 174||51%|
|Total Fat 19.7g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 10.81g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.77g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|