Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- 4 T. butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 5 large sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 T. confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 Â¼ c. walnut pieces, ground coarsely*
- 2 T. golden granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 oz. good quality semisweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat the oven to 325Â°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets (or line with parchment paper).
- To Make the Filling: In a bowl, mix together the walnuts, granulated sugar, cinnamon and grated chocolate.
- Cut each sheet of phyllo pastry into 4 rectangles (measuring 9x7-inches). Pile on top of each other and cover with a clean, slightly damp (but not dripping wet) dish towel to prevent drying out.
- Brush a phyllo rectangle with melted butter. Spread a teaspoon of filling along one short end. Fold the long sides in, slightly over the filling. Roll up from the end with the filling.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet with the seam underneath and brush with melted butter. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling. Bake for 20 minutes, or until very lightly colored.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- *VARIATION: Substitute ground almonds, or chopped pistachios or pine nuts, for the walnuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 6g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||82%|
|Total Fat 3.72g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.54g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.71g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|