Cost per recipe $10.17 view details
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce.) stewed tomatoes
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. raw long-grain brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd red pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 ounce.) frzn minced broccoli, thawed
- 2 1/2 c. diced cooked turkey without skin (12 ounce.)
- For garnish: thinly sliced green onions
- Bring tomatoes and water to a boil in 3 qt saucepan. Add in rice, thyme and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 55 min or possibly till rice is almost tender. Add in broccoli and turkey. Stir gently to mix. Cover and cook 10 min or possibly till rice is tender and broccoli and turkey are warm. Sprinkle with onions. Makes 6 c.. 4 servings.
- Per serving: 369 calories, 32 grams protein, 48 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fat, 65 mg. cholesterol, 431 mg. sodium.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1691g|
|Calories from Fat 161||12%|
|Total Fat 18.31g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 5.06g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 183.65g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.9g||53%|